Thursday 11 September 2014

The Haunted

*Blows dust off blog*

Marvellous. You're still here.

Things have been quiet on the blog for the past two or three months. I'm pleased to report that I've been busy writing one of the upcoming Adventurers League scenarios for 5th Edition D&D: "Outlaws of the Iron Route". It's part of the "Tyranny of Dragons" storyline, and it's going to debut in November at the Gamehole Convention in Wisconsin. I'd love to be there, but you know - thousands of miles away. If you get a chance to go, I'd get a real kick from hearing how the scenario played out for you.

A mysterious entity manifests! Art by Tjaart Kruger.
All this 5th Edition malarkey has got me fired up to get started on my own campaign. In fact, right now I'm gearing up for DMing two regular games, and consequently, we've been mulling over a whole bunch of new character ideas. Stacey's got this idea for playing a warlock who's haunted by the spirit of her elfin husband: she's planning her as a mix between Michonne from Walking Dead, and some sort of medium. I figured that instead of just winging this in-game, it would be cool to codify the haunting with some actual rules. A background seemed appropriate (I think backgrounds have promise for defining heroic character concepts as well providing mundane origins).

So, to kick this blog back into shape, here's the "Haunted" 5th Edition background. Use it to play any cursed, spirit-hounded, or demon-possessed character that comes to mind. I think it would work well for a warlock or a necromancer.


2 comments:

  1. Sir! Congratulations on winning that D&D module contest. Amazing stuff!

    Just wanted to wish you a very happy new year for 2015, may it bring you more of the best from 2014. Keep up the excellent work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! Happy new year to you too, here's hoping it brings you happiness!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.